Ode to Pi Day. If you have never heard of the day it’s on 3/14, get it because pi is 3.14. Every year I take the ‘holiday’ to create a delicious pie. Usually, it’s a fruit of some sort- apple is my all time favorite. This year I was feeling something super decadent so I went with a turtle cake. Let me tell you it is DELICIOUS.
It’s sweet, salty, crunchy, creamy and so good. It’s a pretty heavy pie so splitting a slice between the three of us was still satisfying- maybe not for QB but definitely for me. Did I mention how EASY this thing was to make? It’s literally mix, chop and put in the fridge- badabing, badaboom.
This pie is great for bringing to your co-workers. I mean who doesn’t like the person who randomly brings a pie? Plus because it is so big it’s guaranteed to go a long way. This baby was given to Andrew’s co-workers and I am happy to report none of it made its way back home 😉
I’ll definitely be making this pie again in the summer. It’s kinda like those icebox cakes but in pie form. I can just dream of those hot summer days and having a sweet slice to cool down a little. Oh gosh, I am so ready for the heat of summer, hbu?
So you wanna know how to make it? Check out the recipe below!
Turtle Yum Pie
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz cool whip, thawed
- 1/2 C peanut butter
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 3 Snickers bars, chopped (save some for topping)
- 1/2 C peanuts (save some for topping)
- 1/4 C dark chocolate chips (save some for topping)
- Mix the first four ingredients together
- Fold in the last three- make sure it’s evenly distributed
- Put the mix into a prepared graham cracker crust
- Allow it to set in the fridge at least 3 hours
PS this graham cracker crust recipe I followed. It’s is bomb.com.