Happy Merry Everything! I hope your celebrations brought nothing but joy and happiness. This year was definitely one of the more quite Holiday Seasons for us but it seems like each year the celebrations keep getting better and better.
Sunday we spent time with each of our dads. Andrew’s Dad’s side we get to have a crazy sock exchange. My dad’s side we watch hours and hours of old home videos and attempt to have a big sleepover that actually ends up not happening, maybe next year.. Christmas Eve was at with my mom’s side and Christmas Day we had Andrew’s Mom, brother and his family over.
Christmas Day we make Quinn wait to open Santa’s presents until everyone arrives. She’s actually a very patience little girl from time to time. After we opened presents we enjoy homemade cinnamon rolls, a breakfast casserole, and delicious Chris-mosas. Homemade cinnamon rolls aren’t new to the tradition but the casserole and Christ-mosas will definitely be sticking!
The drink is on the sweeter side but oh my gosh it’s amazing. My sister-in-law said smelled like a flower and she was totally right. Another added bonus is that it’s great as both a mocktail and a cocktail and you don’t need separate batches to enjoy it both ways either. So you ready for the recipe? Read below!
The Most Delicious Mimosas Ever aka Chris-mosas
(adapted by Delish’s Recipe)
- 2 apples
- 2 cups green grapes
- 1 pomegranate
- Package of cranberries
- 64 oz white grape juice
- A bottle of Prosecco(cocktail) or Welch’s Sparkling Rose (mocktail)
- Deseed the pomegranate (here is a great video if you are new to pomegranates).
- Cut apples and grapes into bite-size pieces.
- Combine apples, grapes, cranberries, and pomegranate seeds in a pitch, pour grape juice over the fruit. Let it marinade for about 24 hours in the fridge.
- When ready serve pour marinaded juice about half way in champagne flute then top with the sparkling deliciousness of your choosing.
I hope you love it as much as we did! Enjoy,