S’mores are one thing I will NEVER say no to, but pumpkin and s’mores… man that’s a match made in heaven! This pairing is especially terrific for the turning of summer into fall.
For the fall equinox, we were invited to my dear friend Megan’s home. She made a delicious mushroom Hungarian soup. I think this recipe is very close to the one she made- so, so good! Even if you’re not a mushroom person the flavor is AMAZING. Another friend brought some delicious buttered bread and we supported the event with none other than the Pumpkin S’more bars. Check out the recipe below.
- 1 3/4 c graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1/2 c melted butter
- milk chocolate
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 2 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter together, then pack into a 13×9 inch pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Once the crust is done baking, melt the milk chocolate and add in the coconut oil. Spread on top of the crust and let cool.
- Start on the filling by creaming the sugar and pumpkin puree. Add the rest of the ingredients and layer on top of the chocolate and crust
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick is poked clean from the bars.
- Just before serving add marshmallows on top and broil for about 5 minutes
Friends and family are sure to love it!