So who here loves easy dinners as much as I do? Stuffed peppers are definitely a staple in our home. This recipe is so nice to enjoy when we have friends over for so many reasons. One is that it’s super easy to prep ahead of time. The second is there are so little dishes and the third is that it’s delicious! The recipe I have handy is simply mixing all the ingredients, loading them into the peppers and then popping them into a crockpot to cook while you do whatever.
The beautiful thing about stuffed peppers is that the recipe is so malleable. Omit and add whatever you are feeling! I particularly like this recipe because I don’t have to brown the meat before stuffing the peppers. I will admit browning before does make it taste a better but my want of an easy clean up overpowers my taste buds 😉 I hope you enjoy it!
Check out the recipe below!
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey, browned tastes better but doesn’t have to be
- 1 -15 oz can black beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Cut the bell peppers about a half inch from the top and remove the seeds.
- In a large bowl, mix all the other ingredients
- Stuff the mixture into the bell peppers
- Place the peppers in the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 3-4