Who loves gin like I do? Ding, ding, ding.
I legit am obsessed with the pine-y goodness. Recently, we had a couple of friends over to hang out and I made the perfect summertime blueberry refreshment. Just look at how delicious it is.
So many times when I have an idea I go to pinterest to gather some thoughts and then wing it in the kitchen. This was definitely one of those times and though the successes aren’t 100% this was absolutely a home run. The ingredients are simple and the drink is delicious. You’ll have to try this one for yourself.
- 8 oz blueberries
- 1/2 tsp of liquid stevia or 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons of blueberry syrup
- 1oz gin
- 1 tsp of lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda or sparkling water
- lemon peel to serve
- Place blueberries in a saucepan with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Set thin strainer over a bowl and pour in the blueberry mixture.
- Gently press out the juice with a spoon or use a paper towel to push the liquid into a bowl. Get rid of the pulp and put the juice back in a saucepan.
- Add sugar to juice and cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and cook a couple more minutes.
- Add two tablespoons to each glass. I like to do this over ice to chill the sauce. Add in gin, lemon, soda. Stir well and garnish with a lemon slice.
I’d love to hear what you think about the drink or if you any of your own twists